Technical Programme Managers (F/M/D)
Interested in supporting standards development in the domains of AAM/UAS/VTOL, and Aircraft Safety Systems, Sustainability and Innovation?
You’ve come to the right place - EUROCAE is hiring 2 Technical Programme Managers (F/M/D), who will be responsible for managing and executing the Technical Work Programme, collaborating and supporting our governing bodies, and assisting in the management of EUROCAE’s activities. In addition, this job has an exciting additional task. You will be responsible for managing, maintaining, and continuously improving the Quality Management System as EUROCAE’s designated Quality Manager. If you are passionate in learning about what the new entrants in aviation are up to, talking about processes and procedures like it is its own language, and you like having diverse responsibilities in a job role, you may have just found your new job.
Apply before 23 October!
Reference: EUROCAE TPM2022
Date of publication:
Deadline for application:
Place of employment: Paris area / Ile de France, France
I Organisational context
EUROCAE is the leading European organisation to develop standards for international civil aviation. It was established in 1963 as a non-profit association under French Law.
EUROCAE develops high-quality, internationally recognised and worldwide applicable aviation standards, which are built upon the expertise of more than 4500 highly skilled experts nominated by EUROCAE´s 400+ European and global members. Members include, but are not limited to European and international equipment and airframe manufacturers, regulators, civil aviation authorities, service providers and airports.
EUROCAE standards are referenced by all major European and international regulators and are therefore actively contributing to a safe, efficient and sustainable aviation.
The standards are developed by over 50 Working Groups (WGs). To enhance global harmonisation, many EUROCAE Working Groups are working in close cooperation with our partner organisations, such as RTCA or SAE.
We are currently recruiting a Technical Programme Manager (f/m/d)
The Technical Programme Managers drive the management and execution of the Technical Work Programme and build and maintain working relationships with all stakeholders involved to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of EUROCAE’s standards development process.
Each Technical Programme Manager is responsible primarily for one or several specific portfolio(s) of standards development activities.
The main focus areas and Working Groups to be covered by the positions will be centred around AAM/UAS/VTOL, and Aircraft Safety Systems, Sustainability and Innovation.
A Functional links
This position reports to the EUROCAE Director Technical Programme and to the Director General and has frequent interactions with the entire EUROCAE Secretariat team, governing bodies, EUROCAE members, partners, contractors, clients.
B Job holder responsibilities
The responsibilities allocated to this position cover the following main areas:
Management of EUROCAE technical activities
Managing and executing the EUROCAE Technical Work Programme
- Managing a number of WGs in line with EUROCAE’s established procedures and providing proactive services to WGs to ensure the high quality of deliverables and their timely publication, in close cooperation with the leadership of the WGs
- Editing of EUROCAE Documents (EDs) and other deliverables for publication
- Establishing and maintaining effective relations with relevant organisations in the industry, service providers, institutions and sector associations in Europe and beyond
- Maintaining awareness on technological, economic and political developments affecting the aviation standardisation sector
- Ensuring appropriate record keeping in compliance with reporting requirements to facilitate the accurate tracking of work progress
- Driving the further development of EUROCAE’s Technical Work Programme with regards to specific portfolio covered.
Collaborating with and supporting the governing bodies in technical matters
- The EUROCAE Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) which is advising the Council on technical, operational and on request on policy matters
- The EUROCAE Council related to the Technical Work Programme: Preparing Council meetings, developing, preparing, executing EUROCAE’s Technical Work Programme
Assisting in the management of EUROCAE's technical activities:
- Contributing to the ongoing improvements of efficiency and effectiveness of EUROCAE's standard-making process
- Attending and representing EUROCAE at seminars and conferences on relevant aviation matters to report on and promote EUROCAE's activities
- Preparing and organising or contributing to specific EUROCAE events, such as EUROCAE Symposium, workshops and other events as necessary
- Contributing to continuous improvement of EUROCAE procedures (Quality Management System) - designated quality manager
- Assisting the Director General in other matters, as necessary.
III Qualifications, Experience, Skills and Personal Qualities
A Eligibility criteria
- A level of education which corresponds to completed university studies;
- Professional training on an equivalent level in a relevant domain plus adequate professional experience
- Specific competencies and skills required for the position
- Fulfilled obligations imposed by the applicable laws on military service.
- French legal employment conditions will apply.
- Prior to recruitment, the successful candidate will be asked to provide a police certificate confirming the absence of any criminal record.
B Specific competences and skills
- Good understanding of the evolution of the European and worldwide regulatory and standardisation framework and of the current challenges faced by the aviation sector,
- In-depth understanding of one or several specific domain(s) of aviation
- Proven track record of working with multi-disciplinary, international teams and achieving the project goals whilst maintaining harmonious working relationships with peers and stakeholders
- Comprehensive knowledge of project management and associated experience
- Excellent written, communication and negotiation skills in English (EUROCAE's working language). A good level of French and/or another EU language is an asset
- Ability to use standard computer software, conference automation systems, publication and social media tools
- Expected to frequently travel (depending on international sanitary situation) and to work in an international and multicultural environment.
IV Summary of conditions of employment
The Technical Programme Manager is a full-time position, based in the Paris region (France).
The base salary of the position is subject to the French collective agreement of the "convention collective nationale des Ingénieurs et Cadres de la Métallurgie (IDCC 650)”; overpayment depending on the qualification and experience of the jobholder.
The selected candidate will be expected to start with EUROCAE asap.
V Application requirements
Motivated to actively contribute to the future of aviation? We look forward to receiving your application in English, including a detailed CV and a meaningful letter of motivation.
Please send your application, indicating “Candidacy TPM2022” in the subject line, to email@example.com before 23 October 2022.
We are actively recruiting for this role and reserve the right to close this advertisement at any time.