Technical Programme Manager (F/M/D)
Reference: EUROCAE TPM2021
Date of publication:
Deadline for application:
Place of employment: Paris area / Ile de France, France
EUROCAE is the leading European body for standards in international civil aviation. It was established in 1963 as a non-profit association under French Law. Members include European and international equipment and airframe manufacturers, regulators, civil aviation authorities, service providers and airports.
The main activity of the organisation is the development and publication of standards for aviation. These are developed by international Working Groups (WGs), which consist of experts nominated by EUROCAE's member organisations. To enhance global harmonisation, a number of EUROCAE Working Groups are working in close cooperation with our partner organisations such as RTCA or SAE, which have a similar role in aviation standardisation in the United States and beyond.
To partly replace and also expand our team, we are currently looking for a Technical Programme Manager (f/m):
The Technical Programme Manager drives the management and execution of the Technical Work Programme but also builds and maintains working relationships with all stakeholders involved to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of EUROCAE’s standards development process.
All Technical Programme Managers are responsible primarily for a specific portfolio of standards development activities. This position is expected to focus on Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) and related topics (UTM/U-Space, UAM, …) as well as on innovation and standardisation of innovative subjects (such as Artificial Intelligence, …).
A Functional links
This position reports to the EUROCAE Director Technical Programme and to the Secretary General and has frequent interactions with the entire EUROCAE Secretariat team, governing bodies, EUROCAE members, partners, contractors, clients.
B Job holder responsibilities
The responsibilities allocated to this position cover the following main areas:
1. Management of EUROCAE technical activities
Managing and executing the EUROCAE Technical Work Programme
- Managing a number of WGs in line with EUROCAE’s established procedures and providing proactive services to WGs to ensure the high quality of deliverables and their timely publication, in close cooperation with the leadership of the WGs
- Editing of EUROCAE Documents (EDs) and other deliverables for publication
- Establishing and maintaining effective relations with relevant organisations in the industry, service providers, institutions and sector associations in Europe and beyond
- Maintaining awareness on technological, economic and political developments affecting the aviation standardisation sector
- Ensuring appropriate record keeping in compliance with reporting requirements to facilitate the accurate tracking of work progress
- Driving the further development of EUROCAE’s Technical Work Programme with regards to UAS and innovation.
Collaborating with and supporting the governing bodies in technical matters
- The EUROCAE Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) which is advising the Council on technical, operational and on request on policy matters
- The EUROCAE Council related to the Technical Work Programme: Preparing Council meetings, developing, preparing, executing EUROCAE’s Technical Work Programme
Assisting in the management of EUROCAE's technical activities:
- Contributing to the ongoing improvements of efficiency and effectiveness of EUROCAE's standard-making process
- Attending and representing EUROCAE at seminars and conferences on relevant aviation matters to report on and promote EUROCAE's activities
- Preparing and organising specific EUROCAE events, such as workshops, as necessary
- Contributing to continuous improvement of EUROCAE procedures (Quality Management System)
- Assisting the Secretary General and Director Technical Programme in other matters, as necessary.
Qualifications, Experience, Skills and Personal Qualities
- A level of education which corresponds to completed university studies;
- professional training on an equivalent level in a relevant domain plus adequate professional experience
- Specific competencies and skills required for the position
- Fulfilled obligations imposed by the applicable laws on military service.
- French legal employment conditions will apply.
- Prior to recruitment, the successful candidate will be asked to provide a police certificate confirming the absence of any criminal record.
Specific competences and skills
- Good understanding of the evolution of the European and worldwide regulatory and standardisation framework and of the current challenges faced by the aviation sector,
- In-depth understanding of the specific domain of Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) and related topics (UTM/U-Space, UAM, …) as well as other innovative subjects (such as Artificial Intelligence, new entrants in aviation, …).
- Proven track record of working with multi-disciplinary, international teams and achieving the project goals whilst maintaining harmonious working relationships with peers and stakeholders
- Comprehensive knowledge of project management and associated experience
- Excellent written, communication and negotiation skills in English (EUROCAE's working language). A good level of French and/or another EU language is an asset
- Ability to use standard computer software, conference automation systems, publication and social media tools
- Expected to frequently travel (depending on international sanitary situation) and to work in an international and multicultural environment.
Summary of conditions of employment
The Technical Programme Manager is a full-time position, based in the Paris region (France). The initial contract will be awarded as for a duration of 1 year, with the option of extension in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
The base salary of the position is subject to the French collective agreement of the "convention collective nationale des Ingénieurs et Cadres de la Métallurgie (IDCC 650)”; overpayment depending on the qualification and experience of the jobholder.
The selected candidate will be expected to start with EUROCAE in Q1-Q2/2021.
Motivated to actively contribute to the future of aviation? We look forward to receiving your application in English, including a detailed CV and a meaningful letter of motivation.
Please send your application, indicating “Candidacy TPM2021” in the subject line, to email@example.com by15 January 2021.