There are many different ways you can use our services – to search for and share information, to communicate with other people or to create new content.
- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
- The choices we offer, including how to access and update information.
Information we collect
We collect information to provide better services to all of our users and to be able to identify you and provide you with the right accesses.
We collect information in the following ways:
Information you give us. For example, many of our services require you to sign up for a EUROCAE account. When you do, we’ll ask for your name and email address, the company name, physical address and phone number(s).
Information we get from your use of our services. When you use our services or view content in the working group workspace, we automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This includes: details of how you used our service, IP address, device event information such as crashes. We and our partners use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit a EUROCAE service, and this may include using cookies or similar technologies to identify your browser or device. We also use these technologies to collect and store information when you interact with services offered.
How we use information we collect
We use the information we collect from all of our services to provide, maintain, protect and improve them.
Transparency and choice
People have different privacy concerns. Our goal is to be clear about what information we collect, so that you can make meaningful choices about how it is used. For example, you can:
- Review and update the information you have shared with us.
- View and edit your preferences for certain account features.
- You can also opt out of the services we are offering and for which you have subscribed.
Accessing and updating your personal information
Whenever you use our services, we aim to provide you with access to your personal information. If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it – unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup systems).
Where we can provide information access and correction, we will do so for free, except where it would require a disproportionate effort. We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from our services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
Information we share
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of EUROCAE unless one of the following circumstances applies:
With your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
With domain administrator, if applicable.
For legal reasons. We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of EUROCAE if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- Meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable government request.
- Enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of EUROCAE, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We work hard to protect EUROCAE and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- We encrypt many of our services.
- We offer you a verification procedure when you access your EUROCAE account.
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- We restrict access to personal information to EUROCAE employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.